Saturday, January 19, 2013

Day 29: Meanwhile, on another planet...


The idea was to create a suite of sounds that belonged to an alien race (the OSI) and then to create some of their music, ignoring most of the rules we have come to accept as the norm in our Western music theory dominated music culture.  I made the sounds, I made this track, and didn't get much further.  It was pretty tough to break out of the rules I no longer even think about or consider to be constraints.  I'm a willing participant in this beautiful prison of music theory.  Sigh...

I imagined there to be critters that were like insects in all manner of sizes along with some that were mammalian.  They could all make a range of sounds, what we would think of as singing.  They also made percussion instruments of different kinds.  Add it all together and you have the track below.



No comments:

Post a Comment