Saturday, June 1, 2013

Day 163: New Electronic Post

album-cover-parody-post-rock
Trying to explore something "new".  I like post rock, I like glitch, I like electro-synth, I like ambient.  Trying to make "New Electronic Post".  Maybe it's a genre that already exists under another name, if so, please let me know.

Years ago I was sleep deprived for about 36 hours and I started hearing this music in my head that was something unlike anything I'd ever experienced.  I typed a long rambling email and sent it to a few people, but it was a little out there and the ideas weren't very fully formed.  I could sense being on the cusp of something and grasping for it in the darkness.

I feel like this, and a few other recent works, might be the genre I was hearing in my head.  If nothing else, it's definitely the start of something for me.

Lyrics:
You said you're loaded for bare, You said you'd take us anywhere,
Got on my helmet and my boots, so let's go
It's not like you lied again, let's just be honest, are we even friends?
I want to take it all back, but I can't take it, no I can't take it.
When the sun shines in the spring, we'll have a moment of clarity and peace.
Your eyes will lighten and grow eager again, and we'll once more call each other friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment