Monday, April 29, 2013

Day 129: Get a Little C-c-c-closer

Still learning how to use Beatchop by Quadelectra.  It's similar in many respects to Buffre by Peff, but seems to arrive at certain types of sounds easier.

Beatchop
great-for-glitch
Buffre


To me, Buffre seems to be great at quickly creating glitch style anything, mostly due to the built in bitcrusher.  Beatchop is more of a stutter/jitter type effect.  Are they related? Yes.  If you add a bitcrush effect to Beatchop many people would be hard-pressed to tell you which is being used.  There is a fair amount of overlap, but I know that I'm getting some different results when experimenting with the two. Just as with Sugarbytes Slice Arranger or Ochen K's Glitch - the outcomes are all slightly different.  Slice Arranger is kind of an auto-mated version, but still creates some pleasurable results (to my ears).

Slice Arranger

Glitch


Lyrics:
I just want to see you smile.
Can you get a little closer to me?
I just want to hold your hand.
Can you get a little closer to me?


No comments:

Post a Comment