Saturday, May 11, 2013

Day 142: Question Reality


When I was about 14 years old I came across a button in a store that said "Question Reality".  For a 14 year old kid this was a profound statement.  Funny that it's almost a cliche now, but for a lot of people I suppose it could still be considered profound.  Ironically, I was already doing what the button suggested through exploration of viewing auras, attempting astral projection, and playing with ouija boards.  In all honesty, I was probably pushing the boundaries of my reality more at that time than I do now.  Of course, I did have a lot more free time then.

The lyrics in this piece were informed by that experience, the music was an early experiment in not knowing what was possible with sound.  Please enjoy.

Lyrics:
Don't believe everything that you hear,
Don't believe everything that you say,
Don't believe everything that you hear,
You gotta question reality.

Life is a moving picture, 
Don't be late for the show.

Don't believe everything that you hear,
These fools are out to get you.
Don't believe everything you can't touch or feel,
Cause you can't touch or feel,
Don't touch or...


No comments:

Post a Comment