Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Day 300: Another new day

At the other beginnings of my 100 days I wanted to start fresh, new, and vibrant.  This time is no exception.  Something I've noticed is that it's harder to stay excited now that I'm so far into this little project, but, like seasons, this comes and goes.  There are days that I can't wait to get up and start working, there are other days where I just want to get it done.  More importantly, I feel like the act itself is the important thing.

I've heard several composers and songwriters say that the only way they will compose new works is to set a routine for themselves.  Some do it at 3 a.m., some at 2 p.m., but whichever it is, they all seem to drive home the same point.  If you make yourself do it, you'll do it.  Motion creates emotion, energy creates creativity, determination and resolve drive the creation process.

For me, creation is the most important thing.  I'm here to do this.  I know that my purpose on this earth is to create.  Whether it be a short film, a drawing, a sculpture, or a piece of music, it's my reason for being here.

Lyrics:
Led the crowd by their nose like a fool.  
Sharpen words on stones so cruel.
You forgot the way back home.  
Despite all your dreams you're always alone.

On the wings of a fantasy, 
Eyes of a dragon, 
Skin like a reptile gone dry.

Rope round your neck like a fool.
Painful as it sounds it's for your own good.


No comments:

Post a Comment