Saturday, October 26, 2013

Day 310: Disquieter

For this week's Disquiet Junto project I wanted to create something in the same vein that the Junto projects normally work in, that is, simple components into a much more complex whole.  I chose to start with the simplest components I could think of, pure sound waves.  Using a square, triangle, sine, and sawtooth, I created today's piece.

My thoughts regarding composition were to try to steer it in the same method.  I wanted to begin with a simple idea, or set of changes, and then slowly mutilate the composition.  In this case it wasn't mutilated compositionally, the ambient vibe was too nice to get crazy chromatic, I chose instead to mutilate it by manipulating several different elements of the sound waves including, but not limited to: phasing, modulation, ADSR, resonance, filtering, panning, and others.

More on this 95th Disquiet Junto project, in which musicians post recent tracks with the express purpose of getting constructive feedback, at:


More details on the Disquiet Junto at:



No comments:

Post a Comment