Friday, July 26, 2013

Day 217: Workin' Stuff Out

There's been much more drama in my daily life than I care to experience here in the last 6 months or so.  I'm frequently using my "music time" to work out some of my personal issues.  This is one of those instances.

The piece is maybe just a throwaway, as it was a basis for experimentation with Now and Later by the Chronologists.

Here are the lyrics:

You set an unrealistic expectation of where you want your life to go.
You tell yourself that you can make it happen.  
When it all starts to fall apart you are decimated.
You'd be elated if you could do more.

That's what's going to happen.  
And that's what's going to keep happening.

You wouldn't wish this fate on your enemy, but you bestow it on me.
You wouldn't dare to push someone else like this, but you do it to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment